Welcome Services Coordinator
To express interest in this position, contact Janice Roberson.
Job Title: Welcome Services Coordinator
Division: Women, Children and Family Division
Reports To: Director of Women, Children and Families Division
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Welcome Services personnel are usually the first representative that visitors, potential donors and volunteers will see upon entering campus. This position requires an individual that possess interpersonal skills who acts as a welcoming agent by greeting, answering questions, interviewing and/or referring individuals entering the OURM Home with the goal of representing Jesus Christ with Godly demeanor at all times whether in person or on the telephone.
- Provides access for OURM staff, donors, volunteers, residents into the Women, Children and Families Division building
- Warmly welcomes and greets EVERYONE including staff and OURM volunteers, vendors, donors and visitors in person or on the telephone
- Greets and directs health, fire, police, and other governmental personnel to the appropriate area of concern when applicable
- Greets and directs visitors (during appropriate visitation times) as well as ensure visitors sign in and out on the appropriate log
- Invites prospective applicants to fill out application for residency once you have acquired all pertinent criteria and copied documents…currently Monday through Saturday from 9a.m. to 4p.m.
- Reviews for accuracy the completion of Applications for Residency, ensuring names and numbers are legible, then proceed with video presentation
- Enter and ensure all pertinent applicant info onto Application Tracker spreadsheet at original inception as well as follow up calls
- Maintain a visible staff presence at all times…except for emergencies
- Answers resident and/or prospective residents questions about the OURM Program and refers individuals to other community resources when needed and in conjunction with the Case Management staff when applicable
- Identifies and records (scan) approved volunteers, vendors, and includes pertinent info in daily evening report. Greets and makes sure each are signed in and out on the volunteer log and are directed to the appropriate department. In addition, distributes and retrieves volunteer badges, gives out volunteer information packets when applicable
- Remains aware of coming and goings of residents on/off property as much as possible, requesting they sign in/out and reporting discrepancies to BCM, preferably via e-mail.
- Distributes medicines, cleaning products, toiletries and related supplies to residents upon request
- Dispenses room keys to adult residents (only) and unlocks doors as needed
- Monitors the various cameras in the front office and reports any unusual sightings to appropriate staff. Reports any unauthorized individuals coming or attempting to come onto campus. Monitors who enters/exits property via front gate when applicable and remains familiar with fire alarm and evacuation procedures in order to assist residents and staff with such activities
- Makes announcements alerting residents of meal times, curfew/bedtimes and daily, weekly upcoming events
- Receives and records savings deposits with accompanying documentation and makes copies for residents and BCMs
- Be familiar with Service Opportunity Charts, and all other notifications and advertisements on display at the Front Desk
- Distributes and ensures residents have submitted signed documentation by Case Management approving curfew, child care contracts, maintenance request, withdrawal request, service opportunity changes for both adults and children where applicable
- Receives and directs internal and external calls to staff and takes messages for current residents without confirming specific residency (due to confidentiality). Answers phone call for residents…pages resident or takes messages, where applicable
- Distributes mail to residents and other staff and keeps a log of forwarding information for transitioning residents
- Reports problems/issues concerning residents to their respective BCM or OURM Leadership
- Serves as liaison without becoming personally involved for residents wanting to speak with BCM and/or other Mission Leadership
- Listens, prays and gives biblical instruction upon request…informing BCM at the first opportunity after such activity
- Hands out forms to include, but not limited to: job search, grievance, incident, birthday, referral forms and proof of residency
- Maintains various logs to include, but not limited to: Daily Call, Chapel and Bible Study Attendance (to include Bibles and Decisions), Vehicle sign out/in, request for, and mileage, Transitions, Key, Medicine, Housekeeping, Cleaning Products/Supplies
- Update various clipboard logs: late dinner, bagged lunch. Visitor, Resident sign in/out, ELC/YLC, etc.
- Compiles and updates Resident List to maintain current information identifying the number of adults and children residing on the property during each shift, along with recording move ins and move outs
- Receives and records donations in receipt book ensuring items are removed from lobby area in a timely manner…during every shift when necessary
- Reports to appropriate staff via e-mail what happened during evening shift(including all daily volunteers) through an Evening Shift Summary Report
- Prepares and distributes staff time cards on a weekly basis
- Prepares, maintains and make accessible sufficient amounts of each forms in assigned location at Welcome Services/ Intake areas
- Accepts and signs for delivery companies and repair persons as to work completed, when directed
- Makes and records 911 calls as requested by Mission Leadership, including but not limited to BCMs
- Keep and maintain a current community resource file with current information
- Maintains safe and clean reception area
- Maintains continuity among work teams
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Monitors the surrounding of the front lobby and diligently reports any unusual sightings. Reports any unauthorized individuals coming onto campus. Monitors who enters/exits property, and remains familiar with fire alarm and evacuation procedures in order to assist with such activities.
- Receives and records donations in receipt books when necessary.
- Accepts and signs for delivery companies and repair persons as to work completed.
- Receives and directs internal and external calls to staff and takes messages for Admin staff.
- Greets and directs health, fire inspectors and other governmental personnel to the appropriate department.
- Greets and directs visitors and requests visitors sign in and out on the visitor log sheet.
- Ensures that staff presence is readily available at front desk at all times.
- Other duties as directed.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, OURM staff and other community organizations.
- Ability to organize and keep files updated.
- Ability to be an OURM staff team member.
- Ability to prioritize job tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Understand and adhere to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations.
- Understands and displays sensitivity related to cultural diversity.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and meet stated deadlines.
- Ability to speak before groups, OURM staff, and other community organizations.
- Knowledge and practiced application of computer software, (word, excel, etc.).
- Basic Math skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to OURM Policies/Procedures and Doctrinal Statement as outlined.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.