CHRISTMAS AT THE MISSION
Thank you for your interest in making this Christmas special for our guests. Here are a few ways you can help:
2018 TOY DRIVE
New, unwrapped toys are being accepted for children ages 9 and younger. On the day of the Christmas Wrapping Party, parents will be able to go through the donated toys and “shop” for their children’s gifts. Volunteers will assist them in selecting and wrapping the gifts. (Please, no Playdoh!)
FAMILY HOME ADOPTIONS
Children 10 to 18 receive:
- A teen gift bag containing clothes, shoes, socks, undergarments, etc. (approximately $75 value)
- A $100 gift card to Walmart or Target
Each adult/parent receives:
- A gift bag containing clothes, shoes, socks, undergarments, etc. (approximately $75 value)
- A $50 gift card to Walmart or Target
Men in the Discipleship program (approximately 40) receive:
- Hygiene Pack (razors, full-size shaving cream, full-size shampoo, full-size body wash, wash cloth, etc.)
- $50 gift card to Walmart or Target.
- Movie gift card / Lynx bus pass
Overnight guests receive:
- Candy (Many men are coming off addictions so having candy or a mint helps distract them)
OTHER WAYS TO HELP:
- Gift cards to Walmart or Target ($25 increments)
- Cookies to serve at the Christmas Banquet (deliver on Wednesday 12/19 or Thursday 12/20, as Banquet is Friday, 12/21).
- Assemble Christmas stockings/goody bags that include candy (please, no gum), snacks, small toys, hygiene items, and $5 gift cards.
- Christmas Elves – We need volunteers to help us collect and transport gifts as they are donated (Monday-Friday between 9 am and 4 pm)
- Gifts for adopted families – 4:30 pm Monday, December 10th
- New toys – 4:30 pm Wednesday, December 12th.
For more information, call or email Volunteer Services Coordinator Linda Roscoe at 407-422-4855, ext. 1109.