Project Hope ready to open
After nearly 59 years in our current location, the Orlando Union Rescue Mission’s Men’s Home is moving!
Construction at the site of the former Parkwood Inn, 3300 W. Colonial Drive, started in March 2017 and is finally complete. We’re in the process of furnishing the new buildings and preparing to move. We expect to be fully established in the new $6.2 million facility by the end of April.
With the new location comes a new name: Project Hope.
The new Men’s Home will allow us to:
- Introduce more men to the Gospel of Jesus Christ; our capacity will increase from 120 to 200.
- Rescue more men from the addictions that imprison them by providing space to initiate a focused addiction-recovery program.
- Include transitional apartments to help ease our guests’ transition to full independence and self-sufficiency.
- Incorporate space for a free health and wellness clinic serving our guests and the surrounding community.
- Triple the current capacity of our kitchen, enabling us to feed more area homeless.
- Include a 200-seat chapel.
A grand opening will be scheduled for later this spring. Check back here or follow us on Facebook to stay in the loop about the event and learn more about Project Hope!